A Cat in Toronto

Friday, July 21, 2006

One week left

Once again nice to read your comments. Saw a few newbies this time. I was glad to hear that people enjoy my bizarre sense of humour.

Today has already been fairly interesting. (It's only 4 pm here.) In class we sang songs in French. Have I mentioned that class here is way more fun than at U of T? After class I met up with a girl that I took French with at U of T and a former teacher from U of T. I didn't know how well that was going to go but it was actually a lot of fun. We had a nice conversation in French while we drank very expensive drinks (they didn't even have alcohol in them) at a cafe. While we were sitting and chatting a horse drawn carriage passed us. Have I mentioned they have horse drawn carriages here? Well they do. I'm pretty sure they're for giving tours. It's still a bit of a head trip to see a horse drawn carriage going down a cobblestone street. It's just so French here. ;)

So tomorrow I'm off to Paris again. I'm taking the niece of my homestay family to Paris with me in the morning. Apparently she'd been staying with her grandmother here and her parents are in Paris. Rather than hire someone to take her back they asked me if I'd do it. Despite my hatred of children I agreed to it. (Eve Anne, say hi to the kids for me!) She's five and doesn't speak any English so this should be quite the adventure. Wish me luck.

I actually haven't tried any wine yet. However, while I was in La Rochelle this man popped out of a liquor store and asked me and my friend if we liked gourmet things. Of course I said yes so he provided us with free samples of pinot blanc, pinot rose, and caramel sale. All were good but I liked the caramel sale the best. The friend that was with me is Asian so despite the fact that the three samples put together equalled less than a shot, she still got tipsy. She's already funny when she's sober so she was even funnier after that. Ah, good times.

On the subject of photos, ya, I've already taken over 700. Some of them are crap but most of them are pretty nice. I still have to go through them and delete the bad ones. That should take me down to 699.

Well, this is my last entry before the weekend. Despair not! I will return next Monday. . . probably. Again, that depends on how busy the lab is. I don't think I'm going to buy any more time at the internet cafe since I only have a week left.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

5 Comments:

  • Have a lovely time in Paris (again)! If the kid gives you any trouble, just push her off the train (and people wonder why I didn't go into childcare), you know, just to scare her a little. :P

    Looking forward to seeing you again, I've been so bored, even when work is stressing me out, I'm bored.

    By Blogger ghanima, at 7/21/2006 10:37 AM  

  • hi Caty: You are doing a marvellous holiday. I forgot I was going to do this in French. Next time. it is too hot and I just finished ironing which didn't help. Ron and Spruce visited from Tues to Thurs. Spruce requested Lasagne two days in a row.Guess my cooking not too bad.Spent today catching up. Enjoy your last few days and come home refreshed for the next year. Love Aunt Rita

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/21/2006 9:52 PM  

  • Bon Jour, Caty...
    Well, I know a few lines of that famous song, 'La Vie En Rose' by Edith Piaf and when you come back, we can sing it together and you can even teach me how to give the proper inflection in saying French words...How about that?

    Yes, come to think of it, you are Toronto-bound Sunday next week. Bet you, your mom will be cooking up a storm of your favourite recipes for your homecoming. And guaranteed, the smile on your sister's face will be from ear to ear and back, the minute she sees you at Pearson. She had missed you a great deal. Your dad, on the other hand, is filled with anticipation of the many wonderful stories you're going to going to talk about. How exciting!!!!

    Hope you have a journal to write down your impressions,observations of the points of interest you had visited.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/22/2006 1:32 AM  

  • A-hhh just a week more , ANAK. It will be so nice to have you back , YEY!!
    I am preparing your most favorite dish Korean beef , potato salad , ( Leah's recipe ) and I haven't thought of what dessert to serve you. Please tell me what you wish for.
    So long and thank you for keeping in touch with your daily happenings.

    LOVE ,MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/22/2006 5:51 PM  

  • Just posting a message to let everyone know that Caty sent the immediate family an email to let us know she's back from Paris and had a wonderful time. She'll be updating her blog as soon as she can, but was encountering problems with Blogger.

    By Blogger ghanima, at 7/24/2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home