A Cat in Toronto

Thursday, June 29, 2006

0 sleeps left

I guess the title of my last posting was a bit deceiving as I didn't actually sleep last night. I got into hyper mode while I was finishing packing so instead of going to bed I started cleaning. I think I finally went to bed around 5 am. I don't really know why I bothered, I don't think I slept anyway.

Well, flight leaves at 8:25 pm and it's 1 pm. I have to be at the airport by 5:30 pm so I was counting 3 pm as the time when absolutely everything had to be done. 2 hours to spare, that's not bad right? ;)

I just talked the mother of the family I'll be staying with. She sounds really nice. I spoke to her in broken French and she spoke to me in broken English and we managed to make ourselves understood.

So, this is my blog. I'll try and update it as frequently as possible but I don't really know what my access to the internet will be like in France. I heard that the computer lab at the school is really small. I'll do my best keep everyone in Canada updated on the really interesting stuff. And if I'm able to, I'll post pictures when I can.

Hope you all have a wonderful July.

7 Comments:

  • Enjoy France Caty!

    I'll be keep an eye on this site for updates.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/29/2006 6:53 PM  

  • Thought I'd post the Google Maps view of where Caty's staying while she's in France.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/30/2006 9:28 PM  

  • Hi there, Caty...
    Just saying hello to you and hoping that all is well with you in Tours as you are getting settled in. Next time I visit you here, I should be able to at least say a few words to you in 'French' reqardless of how broken it may be. Ciao, for now and "tulog kang mabuti"..(how does that grab you?)
    Take care,
    tita.cgg

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/30/2006 10:54 PM  

  • Thought I'd post a quick update to let everyone know that Caty arrived safe and sound at De Gaul Airport early yesterday.

    She called about an hour ago to let me know (after calling mom and dad) that she's well, that she's already making friends, that the walk to school in the morning is gorgeous and that, in general, France is very French-looking. :)

    There's a 6-hour time difference between us and her, so her 6am call to me was a midnight call over on this end of things.

    She hopes to sort out when the computer labs at school aren't busy, with the intent to post a few times a week.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/01/2006 1:31 AM  

  • Congrats on your first flight, Kitty! And really, who needs sleep? You've got all of August to catch up on the Z's. And I must know - what do they call French toast over there?

    <3 ~V~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/02/2006 11:38 AM  

  • Updates!!! UPDATES!!!

    Hope all is well. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/04/2006 10:42 AM  

  • Hey Caty, hope you're enjoying your time in France thus far. I missed you while we were at Brewery Bay on Saturday so I thought I'd pop in to see if you've updated your blog.

    Hope all is well. :)

    By Blogger Michelle Hopp, at 7/04/2006 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home