A Cat in Toronto

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Not bad.

Okay, so I only posted 3 tmes this month even though I said I'd update more frequently. Well, relatively speaking, that is more frequently. :)

Summer's been pretty good so far. I was only supposed to be working 2 days a week in July which I was really looking forward to. However, I was also listed as supply staff so I usually ended up working 3-4 days a week. I would have enjoyed the time off but I'm not going to scoff at making extra money either. I'm a little scared about the next three weeks though. I'll be working 5 days a week, full time, in the room with the oldest (8-12 years) and most "challenging" group of kids. I'm hoping that because they aren't used to having me around all the time, it will mean that they proceed with caution at first. I figure if I can establish myself as someone to respect before they get too comfortable with me, I'll be okay. Must remember: do not show fear. They can smell it. ;) So far it's been pretty good though. I'm with the group of 5-8 year olds for July. They can be a handful too but they're also a lot of fun.

2 Comments:

  • If you think they're going to turn on you, just throw a few BBQ-sauce ribs at 'em. I find that quiets the little buggers up. :D

    By Blogger ghanima, at 7/27/2007 1:29 PM  

  • I hope your first day is going well :)

    I would say the most important thing is to be FIRM, set down some ground rules, expect that they're going to test them. Stick to your guns, be firm and follow through, and then once that's extablished, you can have fun with them, and they'll say relatively well behaved :)

    GOOD LUCK!

    By Blogger MiraFabulous, at 7/30/2007 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home