A Cat in Toronto

Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's alive!

Well, after a three month hiatus I'll be updating my blog periodically for at least the next month. I didn't feel particularly inspired to update since most of my friends are in Toronto and if I wanted to talk to them I could always just go to a get-together, send an email or pick up the phone. However, since Emma will be out of the country for the next month, I thought it would be fun to update for the next month so she can read about my adventures here. Plus, everyone else who (still) reads this might like the occasional update to get away from the monotony of work for a few minutes. (Leah) ;)

Most of you already know that I started this blog as a way to keep in touch with people when I went to France. I found it to be a great source of comfort during the days when I was homesick or experiencing a touch of culture shock. (crazy French) ;) It always cheered me up to see messages from my friends and family back home and hear about what you were doing back here. I hope Emma finds her blog just as useful and helps her feel a little closer to home too.

Catch up... so what have I done for the last three months? Here are the highlights:
-finished my last year of university
-went to Cuba two days later for Leah and Matt's wedding (which, by the way, was fabulous)
-attended their wedding reception back here
-went to Montreal for Victoria Day weekend
-graduated with an Hon. B. A. from U of T (Hallelujah!)
-watched my SKs graduate to grade 1 (so cute)

During my normal days I went to work at the daycare and helped the students at tkd prepare for their belt testing in mid-June. Other than that, I've been out with friends for wings, good food, drinks, and saw a weird (but good) anime. Oh, and 'Blades of Glory' was hilarious. So that's basically my news in a nutshell. A rather large nutshell - like maybe a walnut. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home