A Cat in Toronto

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm alive! . . . sort of.

Well, after several months of not writing anything my ship is re-entering the blogosphere. (I love making up new words.) Now to see if anyone still reads this. Hmm. Maybe I'll get Leah to direct people here.

So it's 1:30 am and I have to be up at 6 am tomorrow. I can't sleep because when I got home I was feeling sick so I took a "nap" at 7 pm. That lasted until midnight so now I'm awake and somewhat bored. Go figure, there isn't that much to do at 1:30 am on a weeknight. Besides, I would like to catch a few more hours of sleep before I have to go to work.

Hmm, what have I been up to for the past few months? Nothing extraordinarily interesting. I helped out with and participated in a tkd (taekwondo) tournament back in November. Otherwise it's just been school, work and making it out to tkd when I can.

Last semester went pretty well. I liked my Disorders of Speech and Language class, didn't really like my other linguistics class, and I'm still in Intro to Middle Egyptian. That's pretty neat, we're learning how to translate hieroglyphs. (It's my elective.)

Work is normal. The kids are cute but occasionally stress me out. That's usually when it's time to get the little ones dressed to go outside - have to deal with snow pants, jackets and all other sorts of fun winter gear. During their Christmas break I ran a few tkd classes with a few blackbelts from my club. It went really well overall - now the kids want to know when the next classes will be.

Aside from being sick, I had a pretty good Christmas break. At least I felt fine on Christmas eve when my immediate family does our celebration. And I had a great time at Kev and Michelle's new year's eve party. Did you know that it takes a while for 5 shots of tequila to kick in? ;) Although, I don't think Aaron was right when he said that it would cure me of my cold since I'm still sick now. It's my own fault for getting sick and staying that way. I went out almost every other night the week before Christmas despite having work in the morning and (as you may have noticed) I don't really have the best sleeping habits.

Speaking of which, I think I'll try and grab a few more hours sleep before work so I'm off for now.

7 Comments:

  • Hey Caty!!

    Sorry to hear you've been sick for a while - maybe you need to snort Saline and acidophilius like Emma?

    By Blogger MiraFabulous, at 1/17/2007 9:28 AM  

  • Are you supposed to snort the acidophilius too? ;) I like to spell it acidawefulous. Again with the making up of my own words.

    By Blogger Caty, at 1/17/2007 10:22 AM  

  • For the record, you didn't coin the word "blogosphere". It's been in use for years, newb. :)

    By Blogger ghanima, at 1/17/2007 12:41 PM  

  • Yes, well it's the first time I've used it so it's new to me meanie.

    By Blogger Caty, at 1/17/2007 6:10 PM  

  • Good to have you back Caty.

    Well... it's 23:51 on a Thursday night, and I'm on a conference call with some angry Japanese men. Silly customers. *sigh* Good thing these things don't happen very often.

    Hope you get some rest and recover. Vitamin C for the win!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/18/2007 11:53 PM  

  • Yay!
    A new entry from caty.. I'd almost given up checking to see if there was a new entry.

    We should come up with a new word for this.. Blogoverse? Blogtopia? Blosmos? Blogocosm?

    You're not the only one who's been sick. I had a sore throat for over 2 weeks. I've only been better since last week or so.

    I saw this article and thought you might find it interesting..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/19/2007 9:04 PM  

  • It's alive!!!!

    Woot! :D

    And there's even yet another entry to go on to read...

    Welcome back to the... well... here. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/27/2007 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home