A Cat in Toronto

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Surprize! New post :)

Does anyone even read my blog anymore? Well, I know Leah still checks it from time to time. Maybe other people out in the vr still read this too. Even if I am just talking to myself, ah, I'm used to it. I work with kids, my parents are hard of hearing and it gets me a seat on the subway during rush hour.

So onto my recent updates. I (obviously) survived the summer (or else I wouldn't be writing this.) It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I guess I'm more competent than I thought. That or it was just dumb luck. Probably a little of both. Overall, I had a really good time with the kids. They're a total pain in the ass sometimes, but other times they're super cute so I guess it all balances out in the end. I do have to say, I was really looking forward to the end of the summer and the start of the school year. That was new for me. I'm relieved to be back to my normal routine with the kids. They're usually easier to handle in the morning. They're still subdued by sleepiness.

Next week I start classes. I'm not doing a masters, I'm doing 'post-undergraduate studies.' Which is another way of saying I'm doing a certificate program and being charged more for it. This time next year I'll be certified to teach ESL in Canada and abroad. At least, I will if I pass. :) I'm toying with the idea of teaching overseas for a year. Haven't made any final decisions though, I have a year to work that out.

I should probably be asleep right now. So what's new? That's my main problem with the morning shift... I'm a night owl. I don't think I've ever liked going to bed early. Thank heavens for naps.

Well, if anyone still does read this, hope this has brought a little relief from the monotony of desk jobs. (Leah.)

Oh, one last story. This morning, when I was waiting for the bus, I saw a fire truck and an ambulance go by. That's pretty normal for my area so I didn't think much of it. When my bus got to the next major intersection I saw that the ambulance was for a woman on the bus before mine. Apparently she was having a baby on the bus. What a way to enter the world.

4 Comments:

  • Thanks, kp, for making my day less crap.

    By Blogger ghanima, at 9/06/2007 9:00 AM  

  • I'm still reading -
    It's always nice surprise to get a new post (said as if I'm owed something by the mere fact that I'm a reader!!)

    By Blogger MiraFabulous, at 9/07/2007 6:49 PM  

  • I guess I don't check nearly as often as Leah and Mir.. but I still do check on occasion.

    I've told you all how Jess was born, right?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2007 10:27 AM  

  • Yay! People still read my blog! Well, at least 3 people do.

    Um, no, I don't think you have told me how Jess was born. I can guess though. Uhhh...she came out of your mommy's tummy? Or the storks brought her?

    By Blogger Caty, at 9/10/2007 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home